Standard First Aid and CPR BLS (Basic Life Support) Recertification - Pickering, Ontario
1815 Ironstone Manor, Unit 14a
Duration: 8 hours
Course start time: 9am
Complementary Coffee, tea and water provided.
Free parking available.
Standard First Aid BLS (Basic Life Support) Recertification covers a wide range of first aid and CPR skills through a comprehensive two-day course, and includes BLS training, required for health care providers. BLS training is a requirement to be able to advance to the ACLS certification.
This training includes the current first aid and CPR guidelines, and meets the legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker safety and insurance boards.
All Swift Response courses are taught by field - experienced instructors, trained at an advanced level. All instructors are certified by the Canadian Red Cross.
PrerequisiteCurrently valid Standard First Aid and CPR BLS (Basic Life Support) certification from WSIB recognized provider.
Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate all required skills, including critical steps;
100% attendance and participation; 75% min. passing grade on a written, closed book knowledge evaluation; and adherence to the Fundamental Principles.
Successful completion of this course provides a 3-year certification in Standard First Aid, BLS, and AED
- Preparing to respond
- Legal issues around first aid
- The Emergency Medical System (911)
- Partial, complete and unresponsive choking
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies including asthma, allergic reactions, heart attack and stroke
- CPR and AED
- Care for a wide range of different wounds
- Head, neck and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden Medical Emergencies including mental health emergencies and childbirth
- Heat Cramps, Heat Exhaustion and Heat Stroke
- Hypothermia and frostbite
- Poisons, drug overdose or alcohol poisoning
- Bites and stings
Perform a rapid assessment
Initiate the emergency response system
Perform BLS Skills
Perform rapid defibrillation
Includes any other content required by specific legislation