Standard First Aid and CPR/AED (Recertification) - Pickering, Ontario
1815 Ironstone Manor, Unit 14a
Pickering, ON (Map)
Timing: 9am to 4pm
Free parking available.
About the Standard First Aid and CPR Recertification Program:
This is a comprehensive one day course providing first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who need training due to work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home. Course meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker safety and insurance boards and includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines.
All Swift Response courses are taught by field - experienced instructors, trained at an advanced level. All instructors are certified by the Canadian Red Cross.
Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate all required skills, including critical steps;
100% attendance and participation; 75% min. passing grade on a written, closed book knowledge evaluation; and adherence to the Fundamental Principles.
3-year certification in Standard First Aid, CPR Level C, and AED from the Canadian Red Cross.
Current Standard First Aid certification with a WSIB recognized provider.
- Preparing to respond
- Legal issues around first aid
- The Emergency Medical System (911)
- Partial, complete and unresponsive choking
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies including asthma, allergic reactions, heart attack and stroke
- CPR and AED
- Care for a wide range of different wounds
- Head, neck and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden Medical Emergencies including mental health emergencies and childbirth
- Heat Cramps, Heat Exhaustion and Heat Stroke
- Hypothermia and frostbite
- Poisons, drug overdose or alcohol poisoning
- Bites and stings
Includes any other content required by specific legislation