Standard First Aid BLS, Blended - Pickering
This blended online course from the Canadian Red Cross is made up of two parts - the online and the in-class component.
When signing up for this program, you are signing up for both the online and the in-class components.
Choose the date for the in-class training that works best for you.
Please ensure you allow enough time to complete the online portion before the in-class training. At minimum, allow three days (one to complete the course which is 6 - 8 hours of online training, and two days for administration).
1815 Ironstone Manor, Unit 14a
Pickering, ON (Map)
Duration: 8 hours online and 8 hours in-class
Course start time: 9am
Free parking available.
About the Standard First Aid BLS (Basic Life Support) course:
This course covers a wide range of first aid and CPR skills through a comprehensive course, and includes BLS training, required for health care providers. BLS training is a requirement to be able to advance to the ACLS certification.
This training includes the current first aid and CPR guidelines, and meets the legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker safety and insurance boards.
All Swift Response courses are taught by field - experienced instructors, trained at an advanced level. All instructors are certified by the Canadian Red Cross.
Ability to comprehend and successfully demonstrate all required skills, including critical steps;
100% attendance and participation; 75% min. passing grade on a written, closed book knowledge evaluation; and adherence to the Fundamental Principles.
Successful completion of this course provides a 3-year certification in Standard First Aid and CPR Level C and a 1 year certification in BLS from the Canadian Red Cross.
- Preparing to respond
- Legal issues around first aid
- The Emergency Medical System (911)
- Partial, complete and unresponsive choking
- Breathing and Circulation emergencies including asthma, allergic reactions, heart attack and stroke
- CPR and AED
- Care for a wide range of different wounds
- Head, neck and spine injuries
- Bone, muscle and joint injuries
- Sudden Medical Emergencies including mental health emergencies and childbirth
- Heat Cramps, Heat Exhaustion and Heat Stroke
- Hypothermia and frostbite
- Poisons, drug overdose or alcohol poisoning
- Bites and stings
Perform a rapid assessment
Initiate the emergency response system
Perform BLS Skills
Perform rapid defibrillation
Includes any other content required by specific legislation